Discovering life as a mom one day at a time!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Incubation Period

So how have things been for you?  Confusing? Overwhelming?  I just read the most fantastic book...Outliers The Story of Success, by Malcolm Gladwell.  Life changing. I have to look at my past, my culture, my supports throughout my lifetime to really understand where I come from. And I need to be honest about my weaknesses, as well as my strengths. And then I need to figure out which strengths I am going to use as opportunities to make myself the most successful person I can become. The next 2 1/2 years I am going to use as my incubation period, the time I am going to use to really explore my options and my fears. I have a great job for giving me the time; I have the luxury of meeting and getting to know an incredible number of very talented and successful people.  I have been given the opportunity to figure out where my successes will come from. This is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment