Discovering life as a mom one day at a time!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer, Lovin'

This summer has been that classic, hot, at-the-pool-and-lake every day kinda summer!  It was my plan all along, you see.  I'm glad the weather cooperated with me!  This year the kids are four and five, and the perfect ages to go to our community pool for swimming lessons and fab afternoons with mama, instead of the kiddie pool in our back yard.  Darby will start kindergarten in just a couple weeks; my mental breakdown has already commenced.

I know we are tucked into this gentle valley of easy childhood comfort, and I don't want to miss any moment of it.  I know she will adore school and it will be an amazing gift being able to watch her blossom.  But I am already missing our days at home together.  Gabe will still be at home with me, which will be a wonderful experience for the two of us.  Then next year at this time, I will be sending my last babe off to school, as well.

Until that moment of true change arrives in our daily lives, I will slurp up all of this extra time and love that's floating around my house.  It's really all I can do, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment