Discovering life as a mom one day at a time!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Decisions, decisions

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Real life rarely is. But sometimes you just have to make some sort of decision...and make it work. All this time I have been trying to figure out a way to make raising my kids, working and going to school work...the traditional methods I have been looking at have really been all or nothing. I have finally found a part time evening program that begins in the spring that fits my families priorities (being with our children) and current financial needs (being able to pay the bills!)

When I actually made the call to sign up for admission testing, I really didn't know how we were going to cover the cost of school, if financial aid was available, how much hair I would have to cut to pay the credit card if we had to use that (please don't judge--it would have been the last resort...) But once I made the decision to just DO it, everything has been falling into place. Financial aid is available, the schedule fits, and I get to start working on my future, without losing out on being with my children or my necessary income! I have found the best compromise for my life now and my life in the future...all I had to do was decide that I deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment