Discovering life as a mom one day at a time!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Patience

I am trying to breathe. It's quite alarming, at times, when I realize there seems to be no oxygen in my body. Some days are harder than others, with toddlers you never can tell! I have learned so much about myself as a person by being a parent. Some things I don't like as much, and I embrace the opportunity to improve myself as a human. My children deserve the best mommy in the world, and I have to admit, I struggle with patience sometimes.

I try to roll with things, but I am not very laissez-faire. I am planning a career change into nursing, but it will be another two years until I can begin school. I try to be patient and just enjoy each day as it comes, knowing that one day, my kids will be in chool and I will have the perfect opportunity at that point to go to school myself. But some days I just want to change it all! Not my husband, home, children, but just kind of reset my career button. Nothing I've done is a waste, but I just wish I had done a little more career planning when I was younger.

That is when I need to breathe and dig a little deeper for patience. My favorite thing is to be home with my babies. But since I have to work as well, I just need to remember that these are the things that I need to do to take care of my family. When I do continue my education, it will be for the same reason...to take care of my family. But I will also have the chance to take care of myself a little better, too. After all, I don't want to worry away these precious years that I have my babies all to myself! Once they start Kindergarten, they'll literally be in school for the next 18 years, with college. If they have the rest of their lives for school, then I guess I do too!! So I will harness Guns n Roses and try for just a little patience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment