Discovering life as a mom one day at a time!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Devil's Lunch!

Remember when you were little, you went to your Grammie's house and she fed you either Spaghetti O's or that little can of "potted meat" goodness, aka Deviled Ham, on saltines for lunch? Yeah, that little paper-wrapped can caught my eye today while at the grocery store, but I resisted. Because, well, it really was on the gross side once I thought back to those lunches.

But it did make me crave a little ham salad instead of chicken or tuna or egg for today! So I knifed some leftover deli ham to smithereens and added a good dose of Hellmann's and mustard and topped a cracker. Meh. So I put the rest onto a piece of toast. I ate it, but I probably won't ever again.

Nostalgia can make creative lunches the Devil's playground. I'm sticking to PB&J the next time I romanticize lunches from my early-80's childhood!

Hope you're having a fabulous day! Any nostalgic food memories you'd like to share? Comment!
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment